All of us at MIPA would like to send out a huge THANK YOU to everyone who volunteered their time, donated items, and shopped at our 2019 Toy Swap and Bake Sale. We had a phenomenal turn out and thanks to everyone who loaded a truck, tagged an item, bought a baked good, tidied a table, or bought a toy, we far surpassed our goal for sales this year! We absolutely could not have done it without the support of people like you. Thank you!
Thank you to everyone who joined us for a fun evening of Bunko! We look forward to seeing you at the Moms Holiday Party and Gift Exchange on Tuesday, December 10.
PLEASE JOIN US!
Mix and mingle, join us for cocktails and nibbles! Celebrate the season with drinks, hors d'oeuvres, desserts and the annual favorite white-elephant gift exchange. The gift exchange theme is “favorite things,” items should be no more than $30 and please bring them wrapped anonymously. Bonus points for funny!
We’ll also have a giving tree for Mercer Island Youth and Family Services as well as a special holiday pop up shop from More + Merrier, the stylish collection by MIPA member Stephanie Ben-Zeev for all your party needs.
Holiday attire is encouraged and please consider bringing a beverage to share. This event is for moms (no kids). Please park anywhere in the Shore Club lot, except the area between the tennis courts and the clubhouse.
Tuesdays, December 10, 7:30 PM - 9:30 PM
Mercerwood Shore Club, 4150 E Mercer Way, Mercer Island WA
Tree Lighting and Firehouse Munch
The large tree in Mercerdale Park will be aglow with lights and the firefighters union will again host its Firehouse Munch. We encourage everyone to come to Mercerdale Park and celebrate the tree lighting ceremony and then head over to the firehouse for the munch. Enjoy carols, food, hot beverages, and activities for children with something for people of all ages. Come and celebrate with the rest of the community. Be sure to bundle up--it can get pretty cold!
The Lighting ceremony is from 6:30pm to 6:50pm
The Firehouse Munch is from 7pm to 8pm
not a member yet? Join MIPA today!
Why Join MIPA?
The Mercer Island Preschool Association (MIPA), established in 1937, is a private non-profit organization of volunteers dedicated to enhancing the lives of children from newborn through kindergarten in Mercer Island and the community at large.
What we do:
- Build a Community: Meet other Mercer Island families at family-friendly events or social gatherings. MIPA is a volunteer-run organization and a great way to get involved in the local community. Your contributions directly impact our children!
- Fundraise: We believe that every dollar raised should go directly back into supporting and serving our own community. MIPA partners with Mercer Island Youth & Family Services (MIYFS) to assist low-income Mercer Island families with preschool tuition and the City of Mercer Island to improve the playgrounds on the island.
- Advocate: MIPA serves as a voice of preschools and families of preschool-aged children on Mercer Island. We work with the City of Mercer Island and other Community Groups to ensure safe, fun, and full-filling parks and programs on the island.
- Organize Community Events: Every year we organize several events for the local community. Toy Swap and Circus help raise funds to support our community. Preschool Fair and Summer Concerts are free community events.
Benefits of membership include:
- Playgroups: MIPA playgroups form every year based on interest. Playdates are held at members’ homes and at parks in good weather.
- Family Events: Organized meet-ups of families and kids at various parks, locales and homes
- Adult Socials: Join us for fun and educational adult social events throughout the year – Book Club, Moms’ Night Out, Parents’ Night Out, and Holiday Party!
- Community Service: Funds raised at our events support local playgrounds and preschool scholarships
- PTA Legislative Updates: Keep up-to-date via member meetings and newsletter updates on what is happening in the legislature regarding our children’s education.
- Discounts: With your MIPA membership card, you can receive discounts on products and services from many local businesses.