MIPA is migrating from our BigTent platform to Membership Toolkit this fall. All current members and new members will need to create a new account on Membership Toolkit. We apologize for the inconvenience but Membership Toolkit will be a improvement to our previous platform as it can house all of our group news, calendar of events, and member database, and registration all in one central location.
If you already have a Membership Toolkit account with another organization,
you can use the same log-in here. Need more information?
Why Join MIPA?
ENHANCING THE LIVES OF CHILDREN FROM BIRTH THROUGH KINDERGARTEN
The Mercer Island Preschool Association (MIPA), established in 1937, is a private non-profit organization of volunteers dedicated to enhancing the lives of children from newborn through kindergarten in Mercer Island and the community at large.
What we do:
- Build a Community: Meet other Mercer Island families at family-friendly events or social gatherings. MIPA is a volunteer-run organization and a great way to get involved in the local community. Your contributions directly impact our children!
- Fundraise: We believe that every dollar raised should go directly back into supporting and serving our own community. MIPA partners with Mercer Island Youth & Family Services (MIYFS) to assist low-income Mercer Island families with preschool tuition and the City of Mercer Island to improve the playgrounds on the island.
- Advocate: MIPA serves as a voice of preschools and families of preschool-aged children on Mercer Island. We work with the City of Mercer Island and other Community Groups to ensure safe, fun, and full-filling parks and programs on the island.
- Organize Community Events: Every year we organize several events for the local community. Toy Swap and Circus help raise funds to support our community. Preschool Fair and Summer Concerts are free community events.
Benefits of membership include:
- Playgroups: MIPA playgroups form every year based on interest. Playdates are held at members’ homes and at parks in good weather.
- Family Events: Organized meet-ups of families and kids at various parks, locales and homes
- Adult Socials: Join us for fun and educational adult social events throughout the year – Book Club, Moms’ Night Out, Parents’ Night Out, and Holiday Party!
- Community Service: Funds raised at our events support local playgrounds and preschool scholarships
- PTA Legislative Updates: Keep up-to-date via member meetings and newsletter updates on what is happening in the legislature regarding our children’s education.
- Discounts: With your MIPA membership card, you can receive discounts on products and services from many local businesses.
JoIN US FOR SOME UPCOMING EVENTS
"Safe & Healthy Kids" All-Member Meeting
Open to the Public
Carrie Bowman and Barb Lee will give a BeSMART gun safety Presentation, this is a NON political presentation focused on gun safety - safe storage, how to talk to kids about guns, how to talk to friends about guns when sending your child on a play date, etc. We will also have a "Savvy Parents, Safe Kids" presentation by Christy Keating, former deputy prosecutor for the King County Prosecuting Attorney's Office - awesome info for parents of young kids!
MIPA welcomes all local families with children through elementary school. Due to the topics discussed, adults only please. This meeting is FREE and open to the public. There will be an opportunity to socialize at the beginning of the meeting. A brief discussion of MIPA business may be included.
- Thursday, December 13
- Friday, December 21
- Monday, December 24
- Tuesday, December 25
- Wednesday, December 26
- Thursday, December 27
- Friday, December 28
- Saturday, December 29
- Sunday, December 30
- Monday, December 31