MIPA is migrating from our BigTent platform to Membership Toolkit this fall. All current members and new members will need to create a new account on Membership Toolkit. We apologize for the inconvenience but Membership Toolkit will be a improvement to our previous platform as it can house all of our group news, calendar of events, and member database, and registration all in one central location.
If you already have a Membership Toolkit account with another organization,
you can use the same log-in here. Need more information?
Why Join MIPA?
ENHANCING THE LIVES OF CHILDREN FROM BIRTH THROUGH KINDERGARTEN
The Mercer Island Preschool Association (MIPA), established in 1937, is a private non-profit organization of volunteers dedicated to enhancing the lives of children from newborn through kindergarten in Mercer Island and the community at large.
What we do:
- Build a Community: Meet other Mercer Island families at family-friendly events or social gatherings. MIPA is a volunteer-run organization and a great way to get involved in the local community. Your contributions directly impact our children!
- Fundraise: We believe that every dollar raised should go directly back into supporting and serving our own community. MIPA partners with Mercer Island Youth & Family Services (MIYFS) to assist low-income Mercer Island families with preschool tuition and the City of Mercer Island to improve the playgrounds on the island.
- Advocate: MIPA serves as a voice of preschools and families of preschool-aged children on Mercer Island. We work with the City of Mercer Island and other Community Groups to ensure safe, fun, and full-filling parks and programs on the island.
- Organize Community Events: Every year we organize several events for the local community. Toy Swap and Circus help raise funds to support our community. Preschool Fair and Summer Concerts are free community events.
Benefits of membership include:
- Playgroups: MIPA playgroups form every year based on interest. Playdates are held at members’ homes and at parks in good weather.
- Family Events: Organized meet-ups of families and kids at various parks, locales and homes
- Adult Socials: Join us for fun and educational adult social events throughout the year – Book Club, Moms’ Night Out, Parents’ Night Out, and Holiday Party!
- Community Service: Funds raised at our events support local playgrounds and preschool scholarships
- PTA Legislative Updates: Keep up-to-date via member meetings and newsletter updates on what is happening in the legislature regarding our children’s education.
- Discounts: With your MIPA membership card, you can receive discounts on products and services from many local businesses.
JoIN US FOR SOME UPCOMING EVENTS
Join us for an All-Member Event to Kick-off the holiday season!
Kendra Scott Jewelry and Usborne Books (awesome books for little ones) will be there to accommodate some early holiday shopping, with a % of proceeds to benefit MIPA. Please feel free to bring a bottle of wine/sparkling water or appetizer/treat to share- or just yourself!
We will have lots of time to mingle, sip, chat, and shop and will squeeze in a quick vote on a few administrative MIPA items: budget, standing rules/bylaws- we promise it'll be quick!
Eat, Drink and Be Merry! Mom’s Holiday Party & Gift Exchange on December 4
Join for a festive evening as we kick off the holiday season enjoying drinks, desserts and a kitchen-themed white elephant gift exchange. Mark your calendars for this event for moms (no kids) on Tuesday, December 4, at 7 p.m. at the Mercer Island Country Club.
- Wednesday, November 14
- Thursday, November 15
- Saturday, November 17
- Tuesday, December 4
- Sunday, December 9
- Thursday, December 13
- Monday, December 24
- Tuesday, December 25