We had a wonderful time at our Moms Holiday Party and Gift Exchange! Many "favorite things" were unwrapped, shared and stolen we were laughed and shared a wonderful evening together.
PLEASE JOIN US!
Alijoya Intergenerational Valentine's Get Together
Please join us as continue our intergenerational partnership with Aljoya! The Aljoya residents are excited to host our children for a fun Valentine's Day themed morning including stories, songs, crafts, snacks, and games. If weather allows, we may spend a portion of our time outside in Aljoya's beautiful garden area- please dress accordingly. Note that there is limited guest parking in the Aljoya garage- please build in some extra time to find nearby street parking.
Saturday, February 8, 10 AM to 11:30 AM
Location: Aljoya, 2430 76th Ave SE, Mercer Island
Who: Children birth through preschool and their parent(s). The activities will be more age-appropriate for preschoolers, but younger children are welcome and encouraged to attend!
Galentine's Sparkling Wine Tasting
Join us at Barrels Wine Bar for a fun Galentine’s Day social with MIPA. Barrels will offer a great selection of sparkling wines for purchase, and we’ll celebrate being a gal pal at this festive event. Feel free to bring a friend who may be interested in MIPA!
Date: Tuesday, February 11, 7 PM
Location: Barrels Wine Bar, 7605 SE 27th St, Mercer Island
MISD ORCHESTRA presents DISNEY & DESSERT
Disney & Dessert is a fun event for the entire family, and the only fundraiser for all MISD's orchestras (grades 5th through 12th). Come for the desserts and coffee, prize pendants that were a hit last year, and of course, an hour of the orchestra playing Disney music. Kids, please come in your favorite Disney costumes!
Team O, is the booster club for MISD orchestras, and is a 501(c)(3) organization that is the primary source of funding for instruments, music coaching, workshops and performance tours. Questions? Go to www.TeamO-MI.org or contact TeamOWebmaster@gmail.c
not a member yet? Join MIPA today!
Why Join MIPA?
The Mercer Island Preschool Association (MIPA), established in 1937, is a private non-profit organization of volunteers dedicated to enhancing the lives of children from newborn through kindergarten in Mercer Island and the community at large.
What we do:
- Build a Community: Meet other Mercer Island families at family-friendly events or social gatherings. MIPA is a volunteer-run organization and a great way to get involved in the local community. Your contributions directly impact our children!
- Fundraise: We believe that every dollar raised should go directly back into supporting and serving our own community. MIPA partners with Mercer Island Youth & Family Services (MIYFS) to assist low-income Mercer Island families with preschool tuition and the City of Mercer Island to improve the playgrounds on the island.
- Advocate: MIPA serves as a voice of preschools and families of preschool-aged children on Mercer Island. We work with the City of Mercer Island and other Community Groups to ensure safe, fun, and full-filling parks and programs on the island.
- Organize Community Events: Every year we organize several events for the local community. Toy Swap and Circus help raise funds to support our community. Preschool Fair and Summer Concerts are free community events.
Benefits of membership include:
- Playgroups: MIPA playgroups form every year based on interest. Playdates are held at members’ homes and at parks in good weather.
- Family Events: Organized meet-ups of families and kids at various parks, locales and homes
- Adult Socials: Join us for fun and educational adult social events throughout the year – Book Club, Moms’ Night Out, Parents’ Night Out, and Holiday Party!
- Community Service: Funds raised at our events support local playgrounds and preschool scholarships
- PTA Legislative Updates: Keep up-to-date via member meetings and newsletter updates on what is happening in the legislature regarding our children’s education.
- Discounts: With your MIPA membership card, you can receive discounts on products and services from many local businesses.