mipa's annual toy swap is back!
THIS IS BIG! As crazy as 2020 has been, it can't stop MIPA from hosting our annual Toy Swap... happening virtually this year on Saturday, November 14. This is THE kid sale of the year, offering children's books, gear, toys, games, outerwear and sports gear, and more at garage sale pricing. More information coming soon. In the meantime, start putting aside the baby gear, toys, books, games, and sports gear that you are looking to donate.
Please find more information, including donation drop off dates, on our Toy Swap page.
HALLOWEEN THANK YOU
Thank you to all the families who supported MIPA and are helping make Halloween 2020 more fun with the "We've Been Treated" Yard Signs. We are now sold out of the signs -- they went fast! We so enjoy seeing them around town. Have a safe and festive Halloween!
It is time to renew your mipa membership! Join MIPA/ RENEW today!
Why Join MIPA?
The Mercer Island Preschool Association (MIPA), established in 1937, is a private non-profit organization of volunteers dedicated to enhancing the lives of children from newborn through kindergarten in Mercer Island and the community at large.
What we do:
- Build a Community: Meet other Mercer Island families at family-friendly events or social gatherings. MIPA is a volunteer-run organization and a great way to get involved in the local community. Your contributions directly impact our children!
- Fundraise: We believe that every dollar raised should go directly back into supporting and serving our own community. MIPA partners with Mercer Island Youth & Family Services (MIYFS) to assist low-income Mercer Island families with preschool tuition and the City of Mercer Island to improve the playgrounds on the island.
- Advocate: MIPA serves as a voice of preschools and families of preschool-aged children on Mercer Island. We work with the City of Mercer Island and other Community Groups to ensure safe, fun, and full-filling parks and programs on the island.
- Organize Community Events: Every year we organize several events for the local community. Toy Swap and Circus help raise funds to support our community. Preschool Fair and Summer Concerts are free community events.
Benefits of membership include:
- Playgroups: MIPA playgroups form every year based on interest. Playdates are held at members’ homes and at parks in good weather.
- Family Events: Organized meet-ups of families and kids at various parks, locales and homes
- Adult Socials: Join us for fun and educational adult social events throughout the year – Book Club, Moms’ Night Out, Parents’ Night Out, and Holiday Party!
- Community Service: Funds raised at our events support local playgrounds and preschool scholarships
- PTA Legislative Updates: Keep up-to-date via member meetings and newsletter updates on what is happening in the legislature regarding our children’s education.
- Discounts: With your MIPA membership card, you can receive discounts on products and services from many local businesses.
LETTER FROM OUR Board
July 8, 2020
Dear MIPA Members,
Welcome to a new year! While a tremendous amount has changed and uncertainty remains for the time being, we look forward to another year of friendships, support, and great times. Whether in-person, virtual, or both, MIPA is excited to continue our mission to support the community and foster meaningful connections. Play groups, book clubs, and social events may occur through platforms such as Zoom if needed, but the opportunity for friendships and socialization remains. We hope to be able to offer some of the great events MIPA looks forward to every year, such as Toy Swap and the Circus.
If you haven't already, please find us on Facebook (Mercer Island Preschool Association) and 'Like" our page to receive updates on your newsfeed. We are excited for what will, no doubt, be a memorable year with you!
- Lesley Malakoti
- Laura Schaps
- Kristin Rahlfs
- Sharon Walia
- Marta Prieto
VP Community Events
- Gretchen Anderson
- Danielle Melin
- Ashley Hay
- Hilarie Galloway
- Natasha Garcia
- Jennifer Almond
- Sarah Siler
- Summer Ohno
- Laura Schultink
- Julie Frey
- Erin Erickson
- Claudia Yong
- Danielle Laskey
- Karen Chan
- Shannon Smith
- Allison Kawano
Toy Swap Chairs
- TWO OPEN POSITIONS
- TWO OPEN POSITIONS
- Rochelle Givens
- Cassie Locke
- Kayla Locke
- Emily Vavrichek
Board Member at Large
- Susan Conrad-Wang