It's time to twinkle! MIPA's Holiday Elves are bringing back the razzle dazzle with the MIPA Holiday Lights route this December 15-31! Come see some of the best-decorated houses that Mercer Island has to offer this holiday season by purchasing the driving map bundle to benefit the MIYFS Food Bank and emergency assistance program. Watch for updates and map sales at www.MIPAHolidayLights.com
WHY JOIN MIPA?
The Mercer Island Preschool Association (MIPA), established in 1937, is a private non-profit organization of volunteers dedicated to enhancing the lives of children from newborn through kindergarten in Mercer Island and the community at large.
What we do:
- Build a Community: Meet other Mercer Island families at family-friendly events or social gatherings. MIPA is a volunteer-run organization and a great way to get involved in the local community. Your contributions directly impact our children!
- Fundraise: We believe that every dollar raised should go directly back into supporting and serving our own community. MIPA partners with Mercer Island Youth & Family Services (MIYFS) to assist low-income Mercer Island families with preschool tuition and the City of Mercer Island to improve the playgrounds on the island.
- Advocate: MIPA serves as a voice of preschools and families of preschool-aged children on Mercer Island. We work with the City of Mercer Island and other Community Groups to ensure safe, fun, and full-filling parks and programs on the island.
- Organize Community Events: Every year we organize several events for the local community. Toy Swap and Circus help raise funds to support our community. Preschool Fair and Summer Concerts are free community events.
Benefits of membership include:
- Playgroups: MIPA playgroups form every year based on interest. Playdates are held at members’ homes and at parks in good weather.
- Family Events: Organized meet-ups of families and kids at various parks, locales and homes
- Adult Socials: Join us for fun and educational adult social events throughout the year – Book Club, Moms’ Night Out, Parents’ Night Out, and Holiday Party!
- Community Service: Funds raised at our events support local playgrounds and preschool scholarships
- PTA Legislative Updates: Keep up-to-date via member meetings and newsletter updates on what is happening in the legislature regarding our children’s education.
- Discounts: With your MIPA membership card, you can receive discounts on products and services from many local businesses.
COVID-19 In-Person Event Attendance Policy
***Updated as of 09/16/2021**MIPA requires all adults to be fully vaccinated to attend in-person events. We now require proof of vaccination to attend in-person events. Fully vaccinated means two weeks after your second dose of Pfizer or Moderna; or two weeks after your single J&J vaccine. Please provide proof of your vaccination by doing one of the following:
- Email a photo of your vaccination card to MIPAeditor@gmail.com
- If you’re not comfortable emailing an image of your vaccination card, please email MIPAeditor@gmail.com to coordinate alternative ways with Sharon Walia or Lesley Malakoti.
Lesley & Sharon
MIPA Co-Presidents 2021-2022
- Tuesday, December 7
- Wednesday, December 15
- Thursday, December 16
- Friday, December 17
- Saturday, December 18
- Sunday, December 19
- Monday, December 20
- Tuesday, December 21
- Wednesday, December 22
- Thursday, December 23