Mercer Island Family Friendly Activities
- Lil Kickers: Lil’ Kickers classes at Lil’ Kickers Mercer Island are carefully curated and wildly fun. We give kids what they need to learn soccer and grow as individuals.
- MIFC: For more than fifty years Mercer Island FC (MIFC) has provided our community's kids with unmatched opportunities to learn and play the world's game of soccer, at every age and level of skill and interest
- Thunderbird Little League: Bellevue Thunderbird Little League is part of Washington District 9 which encompasses 16 Leagues on the east side of Lake Washington.
- Mercer Island Saddle Club (MISC): A not-for-profit organization with a mission to advance the skills and interests of its members through equestrian activities including riding lessons, clinics, shows, and pleasure riding.
- Mercer Island Lacrosse: The Mercer Island Lacrosse Club was founded in 1993 to support the high school level boys' lacrosse teams at Mercer Island High School. By 2004, in addition to three high school teams, the club added 12 elementary and middle school teams, including boys from kindergarten through 8th grade.
- Mercer Island Martial Arts: Our programs are individually designed for each participant. We have many different options for classes; including age specific classes, ability specific classes, classes for families, after school programs, summer camps, or private to semi private classes.
- Creation Dance Studio: Mercer Island's premier dance studio for children and adults!
- Mary Wayte Swim Center: Swimming pool in Mercer Island, Washington
- Stroum Jewish Community Center (SJCC): It’s fall at the J and we’ve got tons of great programs for the whole family. School’s Out Camps, author talks, cooking demos, engaging conversations, and so much more. Don’t forget a loaded fitness class schedule, swim lessons, and more… Join us!
- Mercer Island Boys & Girls Club of King County:At the Boys & Girls Club, youth have the opportunity to explore a variety of nationally recognized programs in a fun and supportive environment.
- Parkour Visions: Our high-energy kids and teens parkour classes will have students jumping, climbing, swinging, and rolling safely through local parks and play spaces.
- The Children’s Dance Conservatory of Mercer Island: Classical ballet studio located on the south-end of Mercer Island
- Youth Theatre Northwest: Youth Theatre Northwest nurtures the intellectual, artistic, and personal development of children and youth through drama education, performing opportunities, and live theatre experiences.Given the opportunity, every child can shine!
- Music Together: Music Together with Mrs. Chrisi offers music classes for babies, toddlers, preschoolers and kids in lower elementary.
- Nancy Stewart Weekly Sing-Alongs and Children’s Music: Nancy Stewart writes and performs for young children and their families. She presents keynotes and music workshops for parents, teachers, and librarians, and specializes in using music to build early literacy. Many of her sing-alongs are free to the community.
- Mercer Island Community and Event Center: Our award-winning facility is Modern, Central, and Superb, with panoramic views of Lake Washington and Cascade Mountains. The Community Centers hosts sports programs, camps, and an indoor open play area for younger children.
- Island Books: Mercer Island is a great place for families and children, and Island Books reflects that with its magical children's section and playhouse.
- Mercer Island Library: High-quality library with large children’s book selection and extensive programming for children and families.
- Luther Burbank Park: Luther Burbank is a large park of 77 acres with three-quarters of a mile of Lake Washington waterfront.
- Deane’s Children’s Park: 5500 Island Crest Way Deane's Children's Park, also known as "Dragon Park", was developed by the Mercer Island Preschool Association through volunteer labor and donated funds and materials.
- Clarke Beach: Clarke Beach is a beautiful grassy park on the water with the following amenities: Swimming (no lifeguards on duty); Docks; Picnic and barbeque area
- Pioneer Park: This Mercer Island park offers 113 acres with a dense network of forest trails with tall trees and a lot of moss, ferns and some seasonal wildflowers.
- Homestead Park: Located along SE 40th Street, west of Island Crest Way, Homestead Field is one of the City’s primary recreational complexes serving adult and youth softball, tennis, soccer and children’s playgrounds.
- Mercerdale Park Skate Park: Mercerdale Park is located in the heart of downtown Mercer Island. In addition to trails and plenty of open space, Mercerdale has open picnic areas, an expanded skateboard park, a children's play area (currently under renovation), and soon to be added in the plaza area - the Veteran's Recognition Project.
- South Mercer Playground (aka Rainbow Park): Fenced playground with natural structures located at the South Mercer Playfields. The Mercer Island Preschool Association helped fund and develop this new (2018) playground.
- Aubrey Davis Park: Park on the I-90 lid featuring softball fields, tennis courts, picnic shelter, two playgrounds, basketball courts, public restrooms, grassy fields, and beautiful views.
- Calkins Landing: Calkins Landing is a small park providing public waterfront access, a picnic area, and a wheelchair- and stroller-friendly pathway. This is one of several street-end waterfront areas located on Mercer Island – see links for others.
- Bicentennial Park: 3201 77th Ave SE
- North Mercerdale Hillside ~ 7415 SE 27th
- Clise Park ~ SE 40th St and Island Crest Way
- Ellis Pond ~ SE 47th St & 90th Ave SE
- First Hill Park ~ SE 32nd St & 72nd Ave SE
- Groveland Beach ~ SE 58th St & 80th Ave SE
- Roanoke Park ~ 70th Ave SE & West Mercer Way
- Rotary Park ~ 88th Ave SE & SE 44th St
- Secret Park ~ SE 27th & West Mercer Way
- Slater Park ~ 2835 60th PL SE
- Mercer Island Country Club (member only)
- Mercer Island Beach Club (member only)
- Mercerwood Shore Club (member only)